Although birth control pills still offer more protection against unwanted pregnancy, if you know how to use contraceptive gel, you can guard against an unwanted pregnancy. Contraceptive gels are gaining in population as the new generation of spermicidal gels remaining in effect for up to 24 hours before having sex. This means that you can apply it in the morning and have sex in the evening. No more running to the bathroom right before intercourse. Using a condom along with contraceptive gel will give you the best guard against unwanted pregnancy.
To use contraceptive gel, you will need:
- A tube of contraceptive gel. There are many on the market and most provide a protection factor of 97% against pregnancy. Read the package carefully so that you know how long before intercourse the gel may remain effective.
- A contraceptive gel applicator. An applicator should be included in each box of contraceptive gel.
- Open the box of contraceptive gel and remove the gel tube, applicator, and package instructions. Review the instructions for each individual package thoroughly so that you're aware of side effects and terms of usage. Possible side effects may be irritation to the vagina or penis and use of the product should be stopped if either partner experiences these types of side effects.
- Punch a hole in the top of the gel tube with the cap of the tube. Hold the applicator end to the tube end and squeeze the tube slightly so that the spermicide comes out. Fill the applicator to the appropriate level (there should be a line on the applicator).
- Contraceptive gel is applied intravaginally so spread the vaginal lips and insert the applicator in similar fashion to a tampon. Squeeze the applicator lever to push the gel into the vagina.
- Wipe any excess spermicide away with the tissues.
- Vaginal contraceptives may not taste so good so avoid cunnilingus unless, of course, you like that sort of thing.
- Read the package instructions thoroughly before using.
- You need to reapply another applicator of contraceptive gel before EACH intercourse session.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …