When a coolant system begins to leak it is imperative to know how to use coolant system sealant to repair it. Coolant system sealant comes in various formulas; generally they all work fairly well. However, there are negatives to using coolant system sealant.
- Check the coolant system to see how severe the leak is. Major leaks will need to be repaired professionally.
- Find the right type of coolant system sealant. Depending on what type of coolant system is leaking (radiator or refrigerator), it will require a different type of coolant system sealant.
- Follow the instructions on how to add the coolant system sealant to the system. Not following the instructions completely may cause damage to the vehicle, as well as being potentially harmful to the individual.
- Test the system for leaks after letting it run for a several minutes. The rule of thumb is to let the system run for at least ten minutes to build proper pressure.
- Repeat if necessary. It is ok to repeat more than once.
- Seek professional repair if the leak persists. Sometimes even small coolant system leaks cannot be repaired with sealant.
Be careful when you use coolant system sealant on an automobile. Sometimes the sealant will actually clog the water pump and create more problems than it solves. Certain coolant systems will require professional maintenance and repair every time. This is because there are dangerous chemicals in the system or the sealant. Always check to make sure the system is not hazardous before attempting self repair.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.