How To Use Coupons
Most people know that coupons are a great way to save money but many do not know how to use coupons. The truth is that coupons are only a great money saver when you know how to use them correctly. Here is how you can use coupons to save hundreds of dollars on your grocery bill.
- Only clip coupons for items you will use. A coupon isn’t saving you money if you will not use the item you are buying. So make a point to only clip out coupons for items that you know you will use.
- Get as many coupons as possible when you find a good one. Whenever you find a really good coupon, get as many as you can so you can stock up. Pick up a few papers or print out coupons on different computers until you get as many coupons as you need.
- Use coupons on items when they are already on sale. Coupons are a great way to save money on their own, but combine those savings with a sale and you have a really good deal. So take the time to look at local ads to see if your coupons match up with any of the items on sale.
- Find stores that will double or triple your coupons to save more money. Stores like Kroger, ShopRite and Randalls will double and triple coupons. This can make a good coupon a great one. If you are lucky, you may even get items for free.
- Combine different types of coupons to save even more on an item. Look for in-store coupons and e-coupons to use with your manufacturer coupons. Most stores will allow you to combine all three types of coupons on one item to save even more. So take a little time before you go to the store to see if these are available.
- Buy more of an item when it is a good deal. If you would like to never pay full price for your grocery items again, make sure to do this. Coupons tend to come out on the same item every three months. So if you would like to keep the price down, be sure to stock up for at least three months so you are set until the next coupon comes out.