How To Use Cufflinks
Do you need to know how to use cufflinks? Cufflinks are versatile men’s accessories that add elegance and sophistication to casual, everyday or formal wear. In order to take advantage of the sophistication a pair of cuff links can add to your wardrobe, it is necessary to learn how to use cufflinks and wear them correctly.
Things You'll Need:
- Cuffs with buttonholes (no buttons)
- Coordination matters. When choosing cufflinks, they should not only compliment the clothing you will be wearing, but the event you are going to as well. There are several different styles to choose from, making it simple to find a pair that matches the shirt, tie and/or button covers. The rule of thumb is the more elegant the event, the more dramatic the cuff link.
- Three clasping options. The shirt should have a button hole without a button in order to wear cufflinks. The clasping options are a post, button style or a clip.
- Attaching the cufflink. The purpose of a cufflink is to link the cuff together. Insert the post through the buttonhole on both sides of the cuff. The decorative part of the cufflink faces up/out on the cuff. When the cufflink is in place, open the swivel bar (post) and press firmly to lock in place.
- Button cufflinks. If you prefer the cuffs not be joined, a button cufflink can be worn. Simply insert the button through the outer cuff and secure.
- Cufflinks are meant to add a touch of sophistication and elegance to your wardrobe. They are available in hundreds of designs, including monograms which look very elegant and simple. Now that you know how to use cufflinks, it is also important to store them correctly.
Protect the cufflinks by storing them in a small jewelry box that is air tight, when not in use. This will prevent them from getting scratched and/or damaged.