Knowing how to use a dental damn for oral sex can greatly reduce the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. A dental dam is made of a rubbery latex material, but also comes in silicone for those allergic to latex. While oral sex is considered less dangerous than intercourse, a dental dam greatly reduces the risks even further.
To use a dental dam, you will need:
- Dental dam
- Water-based lubricant
- Check the expiration dates. The dental dam can become less effective if used outside its the expiration date. Check the condition of the dental dam to ensure it’s not brittle, discolored or sticky.
- Check the dental dam for holes. To ensure the dental dam can be used effectively, check to ensure there are no holes. This can be achieved by holding the dental dam up to light.
- Use a water-based lubricant on the vaginal area. Lubricants help increase the sensitivity the woman will feel with the dental dam during oral sex.
- Hold the dental dam in place. Some dental dam brands will stay in place while others need to be held while performing oral sex. Either you or your partner can hold the dental dam in place.
- Dispose of the dental dam. Dental dams should only be used once to ensure there is no spreading of a sexually transmitted disease. Do not flush a dental dam down a toilet as they can back up plumbing.
- Apply technique to oral sex with a dental dam. Some people are worried about diminished sensitivity while using a dental dam. This is why it’s important to use a lubricant. You can also lightly bite, just ensure you do not break through the dental dam with your teeth. Sucking can also be applied through the dental dam.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …