Knowing how to use ear guards on hair clippers can save a person a lot of trouble. It can also save a person from getting a cut during an at-home haircut. Barbers use ear guards on their hair clippers for the same reasons. The hair clippers used in home grooming somewhat hard to find, but barber shops are still readily accessible and serve the same purpose.
Things you'll need:
- Electric razor
- Ear guard
- Shave off the hairs on the back of the head and heading up to the ears. You do not need to put the guards on the clippers to perform this process.
- Attach the blade onto the razor. Many ear guards attach directly to hair clippers. The clipper guide combs allow the user to direct the motion and the length of the haircut.
- Approach the hair around the ears carefully. The ear guards prevent the ear from getting cut, but it an incautious user can still bruise the area around a person’s ears if he does not cut the area around the ears cautiously.
- Keep the ear guard on the hair clippers. Many haircuts end with the barber trimming a customer’s sideburns to a shorter length. The side of the sideburn starts at the top of the ears in most people. Push the clippers upwards on the head.
- Remove the ear guard from the hair clippers. Do any additional trimming as needed. A person can use the hair clippers with the ear guards to control the flow of side burns or to just take hair off the earlobes.