How To Use eBay Gift Card
EBay makes it easy to find out how to use eBay gift card on their website. An eBay gift card is used to purchase eBay items online. To use eBay gift cards, the recipient of the gift card must be a member of both PayPal and eBay.
You will need:
- A physical or virtual eBay gift card
- An eBay account
- A PayPal account
- Bid on an item through "Buy It Now." If you bid on an auction, it take as long as ten days before the auction is won. To be able to use an eBay gift card, the payment must occur within ten days of the end of the listing.
- Click on "Pay Now." This will take you to PayPal, where you can sign in to use your eBay gift card. The PayPal screen will show you the transaction amount.
- Use eBay gift card by entering the card's number into the "Redemption Code" area on the checkout page. To see the new total of your transaction, click the "Update Total" button. If you use eBay gift card to pay for the entire transaction, the new total will be zero. If there is a balance left when you use eBay gift card, the balance can be paid with a credit card, through a bank transfer or through your existing PayPal balance.
- Confirm your gift card purchase. Once you have confirmed the purchase, the gift card will be debited the appropriate amount automatically. If there is money left on the gift card, you can use your eBay gift card for your next purchase. The maximum amount of a gift card that can be used on any one transaction is $500.
Posted on: May. 01, 2010