If you want to learn how to use an electric shaver, you'll likely discovery many benefits. They are convenient-you can shave wet or dry and you don't need any gels or creams. They are also easy to pack and quick to use, which makes them great for traveling. These instructions are for shaving on dry skin, so grab your electric shaver and get started.
- Electric shaver
- Gentle face cleanser
- After-shave (optional)
- Pre-shave gel or lotion or electric shavers (optional)
- Wash and dry your face. Starting with a clean, dry face will help the shaver to cut the hairs more easily. It will also soften the hairs, allowing for an easier shave. If you use a pre-shave lotion, apply it now and give it a few minutes to start working.
- Turn on the shaver and apply it to the face where hair needs to be cut. Go in slow, smooth strokes against the grain. The hairs go into holes in the shaver, so pressing to hard may prevent it from working properly. Some hairs may be stubborn, but you can pull the skin taut an apply light pressure to the area. You can try shaving in a circular motion as well. This should help to remove those stubborn hairs.
- When you are finished shaving, clean the shaver according to the manufacturer's instructions. Most shavers come with brushes that can be used to clean the hairs out. You can apply oil to the blades and inside the foil about every week or two. This will help it last longer and work more efficiently.
- If you want to use after-shave, apply it now. It will help the skin stay soft and smooth, as well as prevent any razor burn or bumps.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...