This article will address how to use a food processor. Food processors are a great appliance to have in any kitchen. There are a number of things that you can cut or chop using this appliance. But to get the best possible results from your food processor, you need to know how to use it properly. Read on to learn just how to use this handy kitchen appliance.
- First things first, select the appropriate blade you wish to use. Once you have the right blade, insert it into the food processor.
- Lock the lid and the bowl onto the food processor. This will enable the machine to run.
- Remove all the leaves and other unwanted parts from the food you are planning to chop. Once you have done so, drop the food into the food processor's feed tube. Make sure you only fill the bowl only up to the recommended level, or it will leak and leave you will a mess to clean up.
- Use the plastic pusher. If you need to move the food, the plastic pusher can help do so.
- Use the food processor to chop fruits and veggies, graham crackers (in order to make graham cracker crusts), sauces, or even to puree baby food. You can create coleslaw with the shredding disk. Do not use the slicing disk to make coleslaw, it will make the pieces too short.
- Make some soup using your food processor. You can make soup by adding two c. broth to approximately 2 ½ c. vegetable chunks' potatoes, carrots, onions, etc. Place these inside the food processor for thirty seconds. Be sure to use the S-shaped blade. You can chop food without pureeing it using the S-shaped blade. Use the food processor's “Pulse” button instead of turning the processor on. Be sure to keep an eye on the consistency.
- You can even shred cheese. Shred cheese by putting an appropriate sized block of cheese into the processor. Use the “Pulse” button as well as the shredding blade.
- Put some nuts into the food processor. You can put shelled nuts into the food processor with the grinding blade. Turn the processor on and watch the nuts go from chopped to a ball shape. The nuts will thicken, then turn into thin butter.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.