How To Use Gmail Offline
Need to know how to use Gmail offline? Sometime you may need to access your Gmail offline when you do not have internet access. Luckily you can now access your Gmail whether you are on a plane, train or automobile or wherever you might be. Accessing Gmail offline is probably a lot easier than you think. Before you can access your Gmail offline you need to download the Google Gears software. Once you have Google Gears installed follow the following steps.
- Access Gmail. Click on "Settings" in the upper right hand corner.
- Go to the "Offline" tab.
Make sure "Enable Offline Mail" for this computer is selected under the "Offline Mail" tab.
- Click "Save Changes."
- Click "Next."
If an authentication dialog appears verify that a "google mail" address appears in the authentication dialog.
- Make sure the tab "I trust this site. Allow it to use Gears" has been selected.
- Click "Allow."
- You can click "OK" to have a link to Gmail appear on your desktop. It is okay to deny this by clicking "Cancel" or you can select "Never allow this shortcut."
- Wait for Gmail to finish initial synchronization.
- Click the "X" in the offline status pane to close it.
- This will not interfere with Gmail downloading mail in the background. You can continue using Gmail while that happens.
You can check synchronization status by hovering the mouse over the offline Gmail icon in the status bar.
That is all you need to do to be able to read your Gmail offline from wherever it is you may be.