How to use a grill pan may leave you lost when you first get one. Most often made of cast iron or cast aluminum, a grill pan allows you to grill meats and vegetables indoors. For those living in apartments or other closed spaces, the grill pan is an alternative to backyard grilling.
- Grill pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Meat thermometer
- Kitchen tongs
- Spray the grill pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place the pan on a burner on your stovetop.
- Turn the heat to medium high and allow the grill pan to pre-heat. This will take around five minutes.
- Place meats on the grill pan and allow to sear for two to three minutes. Turn the meat a quarter turn and sear for an addition two minutes.
- Turn the meat over and sear the opposite side for the same amount of time. Turn the heat beneath the pan to medium.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. Remove the meat from the grill pan when the thermometer indicates the meat is done to your liking.
- Grill veggies over medium-high heat until grill marks form on the skins. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook until done.
Tips and Warnings: The ridges in a grill pan allow fat to drip away from meats. This makes for healthier eating.
Turn on the vent in your range hood to pull away any smoke from the searing of meat and vegetables.
A cast aluminum grill pan can be washed with soap and water. A cast iron grill pan should be rinsed with water only and dried over heat to prevent rusting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.