How To Use Hewlett Packard D1520
Do you need to learn how to use a Hewlett Packard D1520? If so, this guide will help you with the initial setup and help you learn how to use your Hewlett Packard printer. The Hewlett Packard D1520 is a good, low cost printer. It's fairly simple to use. Follow these steps to set up and start using your Hewlett Packard D1520 printer.
- Remove all packaging and tape from your Hewlett Packard printer. There may be tape inside of the printer used for shipping. Open the lid from the front to check.
- Plug the power cable into the wall and the back of the printer. Turn the printer on by pressing the power button on the lower left on the front of the printer.
- Fold down the paper tray on the bottom front of the printer and insert paper into the tray. Remove the tape from the ink cartridges and insert them each into the proper slots in the printer. Push them in until they click in.
- Close the top cover of the printer. Connect the USB cable to the back of the printer and then to the USB port on your computer.
- Install the software and drivers for your Hewlett Packard printer. You can use the included CD or Hewlett Packard's website. Enter the model D1520 on the driver download page. You may not need to do this step if the printer is installed automatically. Follow any steps given in the installation wizard.
- When printing, make sure you select this printer from the list of printers. You can set this printer as the default printer on a Windows PC by going to the "Control Panel" from the start menu and going to "Printers." Right click the D1520 and set it to be the default printer.