How To Use Home Sharing On ITunes
Need to know how to use home sharing on iTunes? Home sharing on iTunes is a very useful feature of the program. It allows you to share the music library on the computer that it is stored on and play it on different computers in your house. This can be set up in other ways, but it is very easy in iTunes. You will need at least two computers with iTunes installed before being able to make use of home share in iTunes. Follow these steps to set up home sharing on iTunes.
To use home sharing on iTunes, you will need:
- At least two networked computers with the newest version of iTunes installed
- An iTunes account and login information
- Open iTunes on the computer where your music library is stored. Go to the "Advanced" menu at the top of the window and click on the option to "Turn on Home Sharing."
- Sign in with your iTunes account username and password. Press the "Create home share" button underneath the login text boxes. The confirmation page should tell you that home sharing has been enabled.
- Go to your second computer and open iTunes. Repeat steps one and two on this computer.
- There should be a section called "Shared" on the left side of iTunes which has a link to access your music library on the first computer now. You can play the music that is in your iTunes library on the second computer.
Tip: if you do not see the music library in iTunes, make sure that if you have any firewalls turned on that they are not blocking iTunes.