Adding mods to any game, especially those set in the Star Wars universe, can only further your gameplay experience, but you'll need to know how to use Jedi Knight Jedi Academy mods before you start taking full advantage of them.
- Download mods for your game. There are hundreds of mods for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, so there are plenty of options and something for everyone looking to expand on their game. Most of the mods are hosted on community modding sites dedicated to Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, but some sites such as Gamespot also have some mods for download. A quick search of "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Mods" will bring up many of the game's modding communities.
- Install your downloaded mods. Each mod will come with a .txt file, usually titled "Read Me," that explains exactly how to install the mod. Always check this file, but most mods can be installed by placing in the .PK3 file in the "Base" folder. The exact file path of this folder will differ, depending on where you installed it, but the default file path is: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Academy\GameData\Base".
- Change the model skins. By downloading mods that change the skins of the character models, you can interact with characters not in the game. There are several mods that replace some of the models from multi-player with characters from the original Star Wars trilogy, such as Han Solo and Boba Fett.
- Carry a different lightsaber. Change the color of your lightsaber by installing a mod that makes it green, red, or even twice its normal size!
- Change the aiming reticule. Each gamer has a preference and that is most evident when looking at the modding community. There are several mods that change the aiming reticule or even the scope of the sniper rifle.
- Mess with the physics of the game. Some mods don't have dramatic altering effects, but they make small changes that make the game world more realistic. Many mods are dedicated to creating realistic physics for the player and even the dust particles around them.