So you've got a dead battery but you don't know how to use jumper cables. Don't worry too much, lots of guys don't. Even if you aren't man enough to know how to use jumper cables already, at least you are man enough to feel embarrassed by the fact. Read on and learn how to use jumper cables. Then, the next time you leave the lights on in your car and find your battery dead after the movie, you'll hook those jumper cables right up and show your girlfriend just how masculine you really are.
You will need:
- Jumper cables
- Car with dead battery
- Car with fully charged battery
- Drive the car with the fully charged battery up to the car with dead battery. Get the car close enough so the jumper cables will reach from battery to battery. Make sure the engine compartments of the cars are close.
- Open the trunks of both vehicles.
- Get out the jumper cables. Untangle them.
- Attach one of the red jumper cable clamps to the positive terminal of the fully charged battery. This terminal will be marked with a (+). It may have a red cover on it.
- Attach the red clamp at the other end of the jumper cables to the positive terminal of the dead battery.
- Attach the black clamp to the negative battery terminal of the fully charged battery. It should have a (-) marking, and perhaps a black cable already connected to it.
- Attach the other black clamp to the metal frame of the vehicle with the dead battery. It may spark; that's okay.
- Start the car with the dead battery. It should start easily.
- Disconnect the cables in the reverse order you hooked them up.
- Let the car whose battery you jumped run for a while before you turn it the ignition off again. This will ensure it gets properly charged.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.