How To Use Nikon D5000
Wondering how to use your new Nikon D5000? Buying a new camera is a very exciting experience! Between higher resolution pixels and new technology, purchasing a new camera is a big deal! When it comes to the Nikon D5000, learning how to properly use the camera can be a little tricky, but follow these quick and easy steps and you’ll be a pro in no time.
- Nikon D5000 camera
- Fully charged battery
- Memory card
- Check batteries. Ensure camera’s battery is fully charged for at least four hours for optimum use. To insert the battery into the Nikon D5000, locate the compartment on the bottom of the camera, open the compartment and insert.
- Insert memory card. Now locate the memory card slot on your camera. The slot's location can be found adjacent to a small picture of a memory card. Once located, gently insert card into slot. Do not force card into slot. Your memory card should slide in smoothly without much effort.
- Camera lens. With camera still in the off position, take off the camera lens and attach your focus lens.
- Turn camera on. Once you have successfully attached your camera lens, locate the “On/Off” switch. You will be prompted to set language preference, as well as date and time. If you wish, you can do so now or at any given time in the future.
- Taking a picture. You may select your picture taking preferences. You may either select auto focus (AF) or focus manually using your camera’s lens. Once you have made your selection, find an object you would like to take a picture of, push the shutter button and viola! You can now successfully use your Nikon D5000! Enjoy!