Need to know how to use nonverbal communication with eye contact? If you are looking for a job or a date, learning to use nonverbal communication and eye contact to influence things in your favor can be quite helpful, and you have come to the right place for some advice. Eye contact is essential when you want to land a job or the perfect date. Eye contact has been a part of communication since the beginning, but do you really know how to use nonverbal communication and eye contact to get what you want? If not, read on to find out how.
- When using eye contact, pay attention. Don't look off into the distance and wish you were someplace else. Pay close attention to what the interviewer or woman you are interested in is saying. Showing disinterest is a form of nonverbal communication, and it can sink you really quickly.
- If you are happy, show it. Don't say you are happy or pleased about something but all along be frowning with your head hung down. This is nonverbal communication that shows you are lying. Let your positive emotions shine through.
- If you are in a formal setting, act formal but wear a smile that will light up the room. Don't be loud and rude; instead, act like a gentleman that knows what he wants and is not afraid to go after it.
- Practice nonverbal communication and eye contact by yourself. Stand in front of a mirror and practice, practice, practice. Do this until you have it right. This way, when you are in front of other people you will have your confidence built up.
- Maintain eye contact when you engage in physical contact. Shaking hands, touching, embracing and pats on the back or shoulder while making eye contact are great nonverbal communication techniques. They show interest in meeting the other person and also show respect for others, so use them to your advantage.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.