How To Use A Powertec Arm Curl Attachment
Need to know how to use a Powertec arm curl attachment? A Powertec gym may be a great way to build muscle, but if you find that your biceps aren't getting any bigger, then it's time to head to the other side of the machine and learn to use the arm curl attachment for your Powertec gym. The Powertec arm curl attachment sits on the end of the workout bench and is a great way to tone and build your biceps, as long as you know how to use it right. Powertec equipment uses real weights arranged in an easily adjustable manner so that you can change the amount of weight based on the particular workout that you are doing.
- Place weights on the bars at the bottom of the Powertec arm curl attachment. You should place an equal amount of weight on each side of the machine. You can then slide the metal rings onto the end of the poles, which will lock the weights in place.
- Flip the handle up so that it is resting over the weights. If the handle is down, you can't reach it from the workout position. Sit on the bench so that you are facing the Powertec arm curl attachment.
- Pull the metal pin out from just under the arm curl attachment's armrest. You can now rotate the armrest to any of three positions. The most down-angled setting is for working the lowest part of the bicep, while the other settings work the center of the bicep. Insert the pin back into the appropriate hole when the armrest is at the angle you want it.
- Place your arms over the armrest and grab the handles. The outside of your arms should be resting against the pads on the side of the armrest.
- Bend your arms at the elbow to bring your forearms back toward your biceps. Then, lower your arms and repeat the process. For most workouts, you should try to complete ten to fifteen repetitions at whatever weight level makes your arms feel tired. Complete two to three sets of these repetitions.