Learn How to use a Powertec Leverage Squat machine properly to avoid injury. Squats can be hazardous to the lower body, especially the back muscles. The Powertec Leverage Squat is specifically designed to help you perform squats with heavy weights but it will not perform the exercise safely for you. Learning how to use this equipment will prevent injury and increase performance in the gym.
The leverage action, of the Powertec Leverage Squat, takes the lower back focus out of the squat and requires less use of stabilizer muscles. This motion allows you to focus all of your effort on the quadriceps and hamstring muscles. Here is how to properly perform a squat on the Powertec Leverage Squat machine.
- Seat yourself on the machine
- Place hands on outer grips.
- Feet out front, so that when you move up the weight is on your heels.
- Drive the weight straight up and hold your body straight.
- Make sure you are in correct position and feel balanced. In this upright position is where one is to reposition themselves correctly for posture and form.
- Begin doing your squat repetitions. Make sure to hold your head up. Your eyes should be looking forward or slightly up in order to hold your back and neck straight.
Tips for proper positioning: You should feel the weight driving through your heels as you perform the squat. If you feel the weight in your toes then move your feet forward slightly. If you feel the weight in your lower back move your feet back slightly until you feel the weight in your heels.
The design of the Powertec Leverage Squat places the weight on the lever arm to provide the feel and performance of a regular squat while providing the safety and comfort of a machine squat. The foot place of the machine is at the proper angle to help insure the proper position of the weight, stress load and plate angle to the body. The Powertec Leverage Squat machine is a great way to focus on the quads and hamstring muscles while doing squats safely and effectively.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.