How To Use Propane Camping Stoves
You want to know how to use propane camping stoves. Propane camping stoves are best used in temperatures over forty degrees Fahrenheit. Propane camping stoves are convenient when you want to cook at camp. They are easy to use and will cook your food quickly. There are a few simple steps to learn how to use your propane camping stove.
- Pick out the propane camping stove that is best for you. When you buy a propane cooking camping stove, choose one that will be easy for you to operate. Make sure the propane cooking stove has an electric start. An electric start is a button you push to get the flame on your propane camping stove. You do not want to be fumbling for wet matches on your camping trip.
- Set the propane camping stove up. Keep it away from dry leaves and brush. Set your propane camping stove in the best place to protect it from the wind. Wind can blow out the fire and make it taking longer for your propane camping stove to cook your food
- Hook your propane canister up to your propane camping stove. Take the nozzle from your stove (usually underneath) and put it over the propane nozzle. Push the nozzle in while turning clockwise. Pull on it to make sure the connection is true. Ask in the store if you have never done this. It is better to learn this before camping.
- Turn on your propane canister. You will have a nob on top of the propane canister. Turn it counter clockwise. This will allow propane to flow into your propane camping stove. If you have single propane canisters (used for small propane camping stoves) you will have a nob on your stove. Or the propane will automatically flow into the system while connected.
- Turn the heating nobs to high on your propane camping stove. Push in your electric start. If you have to use matches, light a match, and throw it on the burner. Poof they will turn and flames will appear.
- Cook your food at the desired temperatures. Use pans or a grill depending on the extent of your propane camping stove. Some propane camping stoves are tiny others are huge and can feed an army.
- After you are done cooking your food, turn off your propane camping stove. You do this by turning the nob to off. If the off is worn off, turn the nob to the left. Wait until the propane camping stove is cooled before you turn off and disconnect the propane.
- Turn the propane nob off by turning it clockwise. This is important because propane will leak off if it is not turned off. Also disconnect your propane tank from the propane camping stove if you are finished the cooking for your camping trip. Otherwise keep it connected until you are ready to break camp. Do not touch a hot stove.
- Buy the propane camping stove that fits you and your camping
- Learn how to connect and disconnect the propane
- Do not touch a hot stove
- Electric start is better than matches
- Prevent forest fires by cooking in a safe place