How To Use Skype
Do you want to learn how to use Skype? Aside from being able to make free calls to other Skype users, the service can also be used to call a landline or mobile phone. Because of the surprisingly low rates for voice calls to a traditional telephone or cellular device, is important for those who frequently make calls to learn how to use Skype.
To learn how to use Skype, you will need a:
- PC or Laptop
- Windows, Mac or Linux operating system
- good internet connection
- Visa, Mastercard or Paypal account
- Download the Skype software application. Open your browser and type in www.skype.com. Click on the “Get Skype” tab. Select and click on the operating system you are currently using. Download the software and follow the installation process. Choose a username and password.
- Run the Skype software. Log in by typing in your username and password. When the Skype window opens, click on the icon with the dollar sign. Wait for your Skype Account window to open.
- Fund your Skype account. On the Account window, click on “Buy Credit”. You can choose to load $10 or $25. Put in your name and billing address. You can choose to pay with your Paypal account, Visa or Mastercard. You will need an account with sufficient funds to use Skype.
- Phone a friend. To use Skype, decide on who you want to call. Plug in your mic and your headphones. On your main Skype window, click on “Call Phones” and wait for the keypad window to open. On the “Enter Number” field, scroll down and choose the applicable country. Type in the phone number of the phone you want to call. Do not forget the area code.
- Check your call quality. During the call, closely monitor your call quality. Ask your friend if you are coming in clear. Adjust your mic and headphone levels as needed. Try making another call just to be sure you have properly learned how to use Skype.