How To Use TV As Computer Monitor
Knowing how to use TV as computer monitor will not only vastly increase your screen size, but will make watching those HD episodes you downloaded from iTunes a lot more fun. To hook it up, you can use these instructions.
What You Need:
- A TV with an HDMI input port.
- A computer with an HDMI output port.
- An HDMI cord.
What you need to do:
- Plug the HDMI cord in your TV. Doing this side first is the best way to go because it is the harder end to plug in, since TVs can be heavy, hard to move, or wall mounted.
- Disconnect your old monitor from your computer. Put it somewhere safe in case you want to use it at a later time or with another system.
- Run the HDMI cord to the computer. Be sure you have enough room. Then plug the HDMI cable in to the computer's HDMI port.
- Tune your TV to the correct channel. This will usually be HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 but the easiest way to tell is to look at the label under the port you plugged into. It should be marked with a channel on your TV. You should now see your computer screen.
- Be sure that all cords are connected properly.
- If you do not have the correct port, you may need to buy an adapter. Be sure to get a good quality adapter. A poor quality adapter can cause poor signal quality.
- Always be aware of power cords and other hazards when working with electronics.