How To Use A Vacuum Erectile Device
Need to know how to use a vacuum erectile device? There are many other forms of treatment for erectile dysfunction but all of them are invasive. The vacuum erectile device is the only treatment that is non-invasive and has relatively few side effects.
Things you need:
- An examination to determine the cause of your erectile dysfunction
- Parts of the vacuum erectile device. The vacuum erectile device consists of a cylinder, a pump, and a constriction ring on the base end of the cylinder. The pump may be activated by batteries or manually.
- Place the cylinder over the penis. The cylinder should be placed over the penis that has been prepared with a water-soluble jelly to help give it an air-tight seal. Place it on the penis with the constriction ring at the base of the cylinder. If it is battery operated it can be held by one hand. If it is manually operated you will have to hold the cylinder with one hand and the pump with the other. This can be an important feature to consider if the person has trouble with manual dexterity from something like Parkinson’s.
- Pump the air out of the cylinder to create a vacuum. Pumping the air out of the cylinder will create a vacuum which will cause the blood to flow into the penis and become enlarged and erect. All cylinders have a valve that pops off if the pressure is too high. Pumping slowly helps prevent penile pain. It is estimated that it takes 20 to 25 minutes to get the penis into a complete erection.
- Place the constriction ring on the base of the penis. Once the pump has created a vacuum and the penis is enlarged, place some lubricant on the base of the penis. Slip the constriction ring from the cylinder to the base of the penis. This will allow the erection to be maintained for up to 30 minutes. Be sure to get a constriction ring that is the correct size for you.
- Release the constriction ring. After orgasm has been reached, slip the constriction ring off the penis. The penis will become flaccid and semen will dribble out of the penis. The constriction ring holds in the semen until you release it, but it should not have any effect upon your orgasm.
- Do not overuse the vacuum erectile device as it can cause damage to the penile tissue.