How To Use Vaseline To Heal Scabs Faster On Acne
Learning how to use Vaseline to heal scabs faster on acne is great for helping remove some of those blemishes on your face. There are many ointments out there that are expensive and complicated, involving many chemicals that will do the exact same thing to your acne that Vaseline will do if applied in the correct manner.
- The first thing to know is that it is never a good idea to pop a pimple. Pimples are your body’s natural response to your oil pores becoming infected due to an excess of oil. However, since they are so unsightly, most people will pop them anyway. If you do not pop them, it is less likely that they will leave any lasting scabs or marks.
- Once the acne has been ruptured, that is the point where you will want to use the Vaseline. Make sure that the blemish is no longer oozing any liquid. If it is and you put Vaseline on it before it is dried, the liquid could clog the pore again, making the same general area become infected, which will then result in additional blemishes.
- Once the area is dried adequately, make sure that there is no blood. Some blemishes are so deep they will cause bleeding once they are ruptured. This will normally come after the other oils underneath the puss. Most people will miss the blood if they try to cover the spot too quickly with anything. Give the spot three to five minutes after cleaning to make sure that no blood is coming out. Every time some blood comes out, clean it again, and start the time over. It will usually stop after one cleaning, but if it persists, continue cleaning.
- Once the bleeding has stopped and has been cleaned, that is the time to apply the Vaseline. Placing the Vaseline on the spot once it is cleaned helps the healing process by relaxing the skin and reducing scab size.
- If the scab is already there, placing the Vaseline on the scab itself can help reduce the time the scab will be in that spot. This is because the skin becomes relaxed and less stress is put on the healing process.
Knowing these tips and following them will reduce the amount of time that these unsightly blemishes will be on any part of your body. Though it is not usually a good idea to rupture pimples or otherwise mess with acne, it is sometimes necessary. In these cases, a little Vaseline goes a long way.