How To Use Xbox 360 Controller On PC
Although most PC controllers are not made very well, you can luckily learn how to use the Xbox 360 controller on your PC. All gamers have had at least one bad experience with a cruddy controller that was purchased for PC gaming. The Xbox 360 controllers are much better and also offer more comfort when gaming for long periods of time.
You will need:
- An Xbox 360 wired controller or an Xbox 360 wireless controller
- Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver and software
- PC running Windows
- There are two ways of getting an Xbox 360 controller to work on a PC. You can use a wired Xbox 360 controller on your PC by downloading the Microsoft Gaming Receiver software on Microsoft’s website. This is the cheapest and easiest method.
- After the software is downloaded, you can connect the controller to your PC and use it to play games. If using the wired Xbox 360 controller, connect the controller to the PC via USB port. Always check to make sure that the online or PC games you are playing support the use of an Xbox 360 controller.
- If you want to use the wireless Xbox 360 controller with the PC, you will have to purchase the Microsoft Gaming Receiver. You can get the Microsoft Gaming Receiver from Amazon or the Microsoft Store. Once you have the Microsoft Gaming Receiver, use the software disk to set everything up. The actual gaming receiver itself will connect to the USB port on your PC. Now you can enjoy playing games on your PC with the Xbox 360 controller.