Do you know how to use your Xbox 360 drum kit on your computer? You bought Rock Band and reinvented the way your fifteen million digital fans appreciate music, but now the plastic drum kit is just sitting there in the corner? Want to import your drum solos onto your Windows PC but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a drum machine? There's plenty of more mileage in your Rock Band drum set you don't know about. Wipe the dust off your kit, grab your drumsticks and get ready to play your drums on your computer.
To use your Xbox 360 drum kit on your computer, you will need:
- Xbox 360-compatible drum kit
- Windows PC
- Internet connection
- Drivers from Microsoft's site
Drum Machine software
- Connect the drums to your PC. As with any peripheral that connects with the XBox 360, the drum kit has a USB output cable. As such, half of the job is done for you–the Xbox 360 drum kit will plug into the USB on either the back or front of your PC.
- Download and install the Xinput Driver for Microsoft Common Controller from Microsoft's official website. Windows won't immediately recognize the Xbox 360 drum kit once plugged in. As such, it's necessary to install drivers so that your drums will be recognized as a game controller. You can find the driver on Microsoft's official website. Please note it's best to restart your computer after installing any sort of drivers, even if Windows doesn't prompt you to do so.
- Download and install the Drum Machine software. One of the better fan-made software tailored specifically for the purpose of using the Xbox 360 drum kit on the computer, Drum Machine allows the user to store more than 1,000 drum samples that it reads from drum inputs.
With just a few easy steps, you too can banging out your own custom drum solos and fills from the comfort of your own Windows PC.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.