When you buy a new hard drive for your Xbox 360 console you will have to use the Xbox 360 Transfer Kit to get all of your information from one hard drive to the other. Sound confusing? This process is actually pretty easy.
You will need:
- Xbox 360 Transfer Kit
- Xbox 360 console
- Two Xbox 360 hard drives
- Data transfer cable
- Data transfer software
- Make sure your new hard drive is the same size (or larger) than the old one. The Xbox 360 Transfer Kit will only be able to move data into a hard drive the same size or larger than the previous one. Seriously, who would buy a smaller hard drive?
- Disconnect any accessories that are attached to the Xbox 360 console. Make sure the hard drive you are moving the data from is still connected to the Xbox. The only thing attached to your Xbox 360 at this time should be the old hard drive.
- Turn your Xbox 360 on and then connect the transfer cable from the Xbox 360 Transfer Kit to the new hard drive that you are moving all of your data to. The other end of the cable should be connected to the USB port in the back of the Xbox 360.
- You will now need to put in the disk that came with the Xbox 360 Transfer Kit. The disk will guide you through some on-screen instructions while it transfers the files.
Tips & Warnings:
- It can take an hour or more for this process to complete. Please make sure you do not interrupt that process or else you will have to do it all over again.
- You will not be able to access Xbox Live or any games when you are transferring data between hard drives.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!