If you're looking to get into the world of online gaming, you need to learn how to use Xbox Live. Xbox Live is one of the best systems for connecting with and playing against gamers all over the globe. Even if you don't like games, learning how to use Xbox Live will let you utilize things such as Facebook, Netflix, and Twitter straight from your console. These following tips will help you learn how to use Xbox Live so you can make the most of your system!
To learn how to use Xbox Live, you're going to need the following:
- An Xbox 360 System
- An ethernet cable
- A router that is compatible with your Xbox 360
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An active credit or debit card
- Connect Your Xbox To The Router. Using the ethernet cable, connect your Xbox to the router, and then the router to your computer. Make sure that your Internet connection is up and running, otherwise you won't be able to use Xbox Live. If your Xbox is the only thing in your entire house that's going to be connected to the Internet, you can simply connect it to the modem with an ethernet cable.
- Test The Connection. Turn on the Xbox, and go to "My Xbox" in the menu. Then, select "Network Settings" followed by "Test Xbox Live Connection." When prompted, accept the software update and allow the system to try out the connection itself.
- Sign Up For Xbox Live. If everything connected successfully, you're almost ready to start using Xbox Live! All you need to do is to sign up for Xbox Live, which you can do by going to "My Xbox" once again and select your avatar. From there, you'll need to select your avatar and then "Sign Up For Xbox Live." Follow the on-screen prompts, and enter your information as it is requested. Note, that if you want to fully use Xbox Live, you need to sign up for a Gold membership, which will mean you'll need to give your credit card information for billing purposes.
Learning how to use Xbox Live is almost as easy as learning how to turn on your console! Following these steps to learn how to use Xbox Live will ensure that you're always able to jump right into the online gaming scene with your Xbox console!