Have you ever been on vacation or an important business meeting and wanted to know how to use your iPhone as a Wi-Fi Hotspot? To connect to the internet on your laptop computer, to find all the hot spots in town. Well these simple steps will make it quick and easy for you to find everything you need, when you get connected to a Wi-Fi Hotspot through your iPhone.
To connect to a Wi-Fi Hotspot you will need:
- You will need to go to download the "Jailbreaking" application to your iPhone. Make sure the newest version of iTunes is downloaded to your iPhone. This application shouldn’t be hard to find.
- Go to the Spirit web page to download the Spirit jailbreaking application. Once the download is complete connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cord. Then run the jailbreaking application. It may be necessary for Window users to download this application as an administration by right-clicking on the EXE file, then choose "Run" or you can try running it in compatible mode if you are having problems. The iPhone will reboot than you will see the Cydia application install to your iPhone, click the jailbreaking button. Now proceed to the following steps to making your iPhone a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- You will the see “Wi-Fi Tethering” appear on the iPhone screen. The network you will be using needs to be named and a password can be created if you desire one.
- Once the name of network and password is created (if password is needed), move on to the last two steps. Slide the Wi-Fi Tethering to the "on" position. Your iPhone will create the network. The download and upload speed for the material should appear to the top of your iPhone.
- Now go to the network connections on your laptop computer. The name of the network you chose should appear on the computer screen, you are now ready to access the Internet. If you created a password, with your new Wi-Fi Hotspot than you will need to type in that password into your computer each time you use your iPhone as a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Four simple steps are all it takes to get you connected to the hottest spots in town. However, if you don’t have an unlimited data plan on your iPhone than Tethering may be a violation in your service provider contract. The "Jailbreaking application is not endorsed by Apple and it has been known to cause problems, but the newly released iPhone G4 does have the featured to allow tethering legitimately.
It's somewhat of a strange paradox - the nicer the hotel you stay at, the less likely it is you'll get free internet acc ...
Fed up with shiftily de-tagging Facebook photos in an effort to avoid exposing your personal life to the hundred or so “ ...
Steve Jobs and Apple announced the much-anticipated updated 3G version of the iPhone today. Reviewers and bloggers are i ...