How To Use Your Iphone As A Wifie Hot Spot
How to Use Your IPhone as a Wi-Fi Hot Spot
You can learn how to use your iPhone as a Wi-Fi Hot Spot and it will take you 10 to 15 minutes. There is an application called MyWi that allows you to do this. This application is free to try but you will have to pay $9.99 to keep using it. You will also need to jailbreak your iPhone in order to use it as a Wi-Fi Hot Spot. To do this you will have to open up your phone in order to allow a 3rd-party application. There is one thing to consider. Once you jailbreak your phone you will break the warranty. Do not go beyond this point if you want to keep the warranty on your iPhone. One thing to note is jailbreaking is a reversible process. If you use your iPhone as a Wi-Fi hot spot you can return your iPhone to factory settings, put the files back on via your backup and no one will know you did it in the first place. It would be a good thing to back up your information such as photos, contacts and calendar, etc. Follow the steps below to use your iPhone as a Wi-Fi Hot Spot.
- Update iTunes. Check to be sure you have the latest version of iTunes and sync your iPhone.
- Download Spirit. Do a Google search on “download Spirit for iPhone”. Click on the download link to download the program and then install it.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable. Open the Spirit jailbreak application. On the window that pops up click the Jailbreak button.
- Your iPhone will reboot. When it comes back up you will see the Cydia application installed.
- Now that you have jailbroken your open the Cydia application store. Search for MyWi and there will be two applications listed. Do not choose the No Rock but choose the other one.
- On the search result for the application click on the install button in the upper right. Hit confirm.
- Click the Reload SpringBoard button when the installation completes. Sometimes this part will get stuck so if it does reboot your iPhone.
- Open the My Wi application and accept the agreement and click OK. Sometimes at this point this application has locked up. If it does try it again and it will work fine the second or maybe even the third time. Do not worry about this. This has happened on several iPhones.
- Register the application by typing in your email address and a password. Now you can use the trial version of the application. If you like this then you will have to pay $9.99 for it after 30 days.
- You should now see turn Wi-Fi Tethering on through a toggle switch at the top. You also have the choice to turn on USB and Bluetooth tethering by using the toggle switch.
- Now that tethering is turned on the iPhones Internet connection is available as a Wi-Fi hotspot if you are near other computers. You also have the option to use WEP security.
- When you are finished turn tethering off and close the application. You now have an iPhone as a Wi-Fi hot spot.
Wow that was a lot to do wasn’t it? You now have a Wi-Fi hot spot iPhone so enjoy being able to use your iPhone for this purpose.