Looking for information on how to verify a real Rolex watch from a fake? Due to the high price tag that is associated with Rolex watches, many people cannot afford them. Criminals know this, which is why they will make fake Rolex watches and try to sell them to unsuspecting customers for a fraction of the cost of a real Rolex. Once you have read the information below, you will be able to tell the difference between a real Rolex watch and a fake Rolex watch in no time.
To verify a real Rolex watch from a fake, you will need:
- To view the caseback of the Rolex watch
- To look for a hologram sticker on the Rolex watch
- To look for date magnification
- Caseback. To save money, those that are making fake Rolex watches will make them with a clear caseback. Rolex has never made a watch that has a clear caseback. The Rolex watch that you are looking at should have no engravings on the caseback, either, unless you are purchasing a rare Ladies model Rolex or a Sea Dweller Rolex. The caseback on a Rolex will always be solid gold.
- Hologram Sticker. When you are looking at the caseback on a Rolex watch, look for a hologram sticker. Fake Rolex watches will probably have a hologram sticker, too. However, on a real Rolex watch, the hologram sticker will be 3D encoded. You should also see the Rolex crown and a case reference number just above the hologram sticker.
- Date Magnification. Except for the Sea Dweller Rolex, every Rolex that has ever been made features a cyclops that magnifies the date by 2.5 times. On a fake Rolex, there will be no date magnification at all, or whoever made the watch will simply increase the size of the date to make it appear that it is being magnified.
- If you cannot verify that the Rolex watch that you are looking at is real, take the watch to a jeweler. A professional jeweler will be able to remove the caseback on the watch to look for a movement signature, serial number, case back identification number, and model number.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?