Learning how to wall mount speakers is a fairly easy process that can be done in a few hours or less. Very few special tools are required to learn how to wall mount speakers. When learning how to wall mount speakers it is important to position the speakers properly for optimal sound performance. Wall mount speakers can be placed in all types of rooms and can be mounted both low and very high in the room. Some individuals make the decision to place wall mount speakers at the top of the wall however this requires much more visible speaker wire.
- Cordless drill/screwdriver
- Mounting hardware (screws, L bracket, etc)
- Staple gun
- Determine mounting positions. Refer to the user manual for your wall mount speakers to determine the best placement. Typically the front left and right speakers, rear left and right speakers and center speaker should all be placed in their respective positions. Point the speakers towards the primary seating area in the room.
- Determine mount height. Determine the mounting height in which to mount your wall mount speakers. Mounting the speakers higher will keep them out of sight however it will be more challenging to hide the speaker wire.
- Mount the center speaker. Mount the center speaker in the front of the room, centered. Use a level to determine the correct position of the speaker and drill holes for the mounting hardware. Attach the mounting hardware and then attach the speakers to the mounting brackets.
- Mount the left and right speakers. Repeat the same process as in step three to mount the remaining four speakers. Hide the wires by either running then around the edge of the ceiling (if you mounted the speakers higher) or by running them down the corners of the room. Hide the wiring under the carpet. Secure the wiring to the wall using the staple gun.
- Clean up and finish the job. Clean up the space after you have mounted all of the speakers. Consider painting the speaker wires the same color as the wall to hide them. Connect the speaker wires to the stereo receiver or home theater system to complete the installation of wall mount speakers.
- Consider wireless wall mount speakers for a neater appearance.
- Use the staple gun to mount the wire flush against the wall, paint it the same color as the room to hide it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.