If you love to wear dark denim, chances are you’d like to know how to wash black jeans. This type of denim fades easily, but with a little know-how you can keep your black jeans looking like new. Follow these easy tips to get your jeans clean without ruining your style.
- Cold-water laundry detergent
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 dryer sheet (optional)
- Turn your black jeans inside out before you toss them in the wash. This will prevent any fabric wear or damage. Even the smallest abrasions are more noticeable in dark denim.
- Fill the washer with cold water only. Though warm and hot water tend to clean better, they’ll make your black jeans fade faster.
- Add detergent and ½ cup of white vinegar to the wash water before you add the clothes. Cold water detergent is specially formulated to clean better without warm or hot water. White vinegar helps set the color, neutralizes any odors, and softens the fabric.
- Add your black jeans to the wash, keeping them separate from non-denim articles. The color will bleed a little, so make sure you only include dark items.
- Remove your black jeans from the washer and shake out any wrinkles. Place them in the dryer on a low to medium setting, or allow them to air dry. If you plan on using dryer sheets, one should be enough. Any more than that could leave a residue on your clothes, making them look dull.
- Use a lint roller and fabric refresher between washings to extend the life of your jeans.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.