If you love to wear dark denim, chances are you’d like to know how to wash black jeans. This type of denim fades easily, but with a little know-how you can keep your black jeans looking like new. Follow these easy tips to get your jeans clean without ruining your style.
- Cold-water laundry detergent
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 dryer sheet (optional)
- Turn your black jeans inside out before you toss them in the wash. This will prevent any fabric wear or damage. Even the smallest abrasions are more noticeable in dark denim.
- Fill the washer with cold water only. Though warm and hot water tend to clean better, they’ll make your black jeans fade faster.
- Add detergent and ½ cup of white vinegar to the wash water before you add the clothes. Cold water detergent is specially formulated to clean better without warm or hot water. White vinegar helps set the color, neutralizes any odors, and softens the fabric.
- Add your black jeans to the wash, keeping them separate from non-denim articles. The color will bleed a little, so make sure you only include dark items.
- Remove your black jeans from the washer and shake out any wrinkles. Place them in the dryer on a low to medium setting, or allow them to air dry. If you plan on using dryer sheets, one should be enough. Any more than that could leave a residue on your clothes, making them look dull.
- Use a lint roller and fabric refresher between washings to extend the life of your jeans.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!