Many people do not know how to wash carpet. It is not hard to do if you just follow a few important steps. Carpet can get dirty no matter how hard you try to keep it clean. Regular vacuuming sometimes is just not enough; when stains appear, you have to take action.
To wash carpet, you will need:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Stain remover
- Carpet cleaner
- Carpet shampoo
- Hot water
- Vacuum before you wash carpet. This will remove dust, dirt and debris that is trapped deep in the carpet.
- Pre-treat stains. Many types of stains can end up on the carpet such as oil, mud, drink and food stains. These types of stains may have to be pre-treated in order to remove them. This will help to dissolve the stains to better remove them when you wash carpet.
- Use a carpet cleaning machine. It does not matter if you are just removing one stain or cleaning your entire carpet, a carpet cleaner works wonders for cleaning and making your carpet look brand new again. If you do not own a carpet cleaner, you can borrow or rent one.
- Use hot steamy water. When you wash carpet, this will ensure that you are getting it as clean as possible. Many carpet cleaners on the market have a high-pressure feature to spray hot water for removing many hard to remove stains.
- Use a quality shampoo. Use a good carpet cleaning shampoo to freshen and to help remove stains.
- Allow it time to dry. After you wash carpet, it may be damp for a while so it is best to let it dry before walking on it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.