How To Wash A Coleman Inflatable Kayak
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to wash a Coleman inflatable kayak. Having a kayak that is clear of dirt and debris will produce greater speed and agility in the water. Not only will a clean kayak promote optimal athletic performance, but it can also protect against the risk of potential injury.
Things you'll need:
- Dish washing soap or laundry detergent
- Find a flat, dry surface where you can work on cleaning your inflatable kayak. Make sure the area is free from dirt, sand, clay or other debris. Use a firm, dry brush to remove any leaves, insects or other material from the outside of the kayak. Once the exterior of the kayak has been initially cleaned, remove the plug from the kayak and allow all the air from the kayak to escape.
- Place a half of a cup of soap into a large bucket that can hold at least ten gallons of water. For the best results use dish washing soap, laundry detergent or other similar products. Fill the bucket at least three-quarters of the way with warm water and submerge the deflated kayak into the bucket.
- Use the brush to scrub the kayak with soap and water. Once the kayak has been scrubbed, remove it from the bucket. Use a hose to remove any remaining soap from the kayak.
- Lay the kayak on a flat, dry surface. Make sure to spread the kayak open as widely as possible so as much of the exterior is exposed. Allow the kayak to air dry completely before use.