How To Wash Dark Brown Jeans
Learning how to wash dark brown jeans will help to ensure that your favorite pair of jeans will be in perfect condition for many years. Jeans are the one thing in our wardrobe that will never go out of style. They are available in hundreds of styles, cuts and colors.
- When preparing to wash your dark brown jeans, it is important to separate the dark colors from the light colors. Avoid washing brown jeans with light colored laundry, as they can fade onto the other clothes in the washer.
- If there are any stains, use a pre-treating solution that does not contain bleach to remove the stain. If necessary allow the pre-treating solution to soak overnight before washing. Do not scrub the stain, it may damage the fabric.
- Empty all pockets and turn the brown jeans inside out before washing. This will help to protect the color from fading.
- Fill the washer with cold water and add liquid detergent. If this is the first time for washing the jeans wash them alone
- Add fabric softener when the washer has filled with water for the rinse cycle. Adding softener before the washer is filled with water, may leave a spot on the jeans.
- When the jeans are done washing, remove them from the washer immediately. Shake the jeans and hang them up to dry. Shaking prior to drying them will help to reduce wrinkles. The jeans can be dried in a dryer, however, the setting should be cool and they should be removed before they are completely dry.
- Using liquid detergent prevents the spotting that powder detergent often leaves on clothing when it does not dissolve completely.
- Adding two tablespoons of salt to the water at the same time you add the detergent, will help set the color.