If you love wearing dark denim jeans, you probably want to know how to wash dark denim jeans and avoid fading. Unfortunately, dark denim is known for fading. However, a few simple steps can help maintain the original color of your jeans longer.
- Cold-water laundry detergent
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Wear your dark denim jeans as long as possible. It is not necessary to wash jeans after every use. Some experts suggest going as long as six months between washes as long as the jeans are not soiled. For some people that is just a little to long to go with out washing.
- Turn the jeans inside out. Dark denim jeans have heavy dye. Turning them inside out causes less dye to escape the material. On a side not because of the dark dye be sure to only wash with other dark jeans and not light colored clothing. The dye will ruin other clothing.
- Wash with cold water. Set your machine to wash and rinse with cold water only. Cold water will also help preserve the dark denim color of your jeans.
- Add cold water detergent and a half cup of vinegar to the wash. Since you are washing in cold water it is good to use a detergent that performs best in cold water. The vinegar helps set color and also works as a fabric softener.
- Avoid using the dryer. The heat in the dryer can also cause fading. If possible hang to dry out of the direct sun light. If a dry must be used, place on the lowest heat setting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …