How To Wash Engine
Learning how to wash your engine can actually prolong the life of your car and make for some even cooler rides.
Some much needed supplies will include:
- Some kind of degreaser
- A brush
- A bucket full of water
- Some compressed air in a can
- A water hose
- A roll of aluminum foil
A scrapper for the gunk and grime
- First step in cleaning your engine is to clean any kind of debris like leaves or sticks or anything that can be removed by hand or with the aid of a small brush.
- Once you have removed all of the debris that can be removed with your hands and without the aide of any chemicals you want to cover all sensors and important components that would be damaged by getting water trapped inside. Using foil will help to keep water out of these parts.
- Spray degreaser on the engine and wet it with water from the water hose.
- Take the scrub brush and begin scrubbing the engine to loosen the debris and grease trapped on the motor.
- Once you have removed all the dirt from the engine you can now hose the engine off.
- Take a towel and begin wiping the engine off or you may choose to let it air dry.
- The compressed air is for the parts in the small parts that you can't get to.
Now that your engine is clean your now ready to hit the road or if your up for it continue to detail the car. Either way happy motoring enjoy the improved performance of a clean engine.