Learn how to wash gloves to keep them looking their best, even if they’re made of leather. Washing gloves in a washing machine and drying them in a dryer is rarely recommended; however, gloves can be successfully washed and dried by hand when proper care is taken. Don’t discard your favorite pair of gloves because they’re worn and soiled. Give them a facelift and you can keep wearing them for seasons to come.
Things you'll need:
- Mild liquid soap
- Lukewarm water
- Hair conditioner
- Dry towel
- Container (optional)
- Fill a sink or container with lukewarm water. Depending on the materials used to make the gloves, hot water is not recommended as it could prompt shrinking of the fibers. Lukewarm water will help remove soil effectively, while minimizing the risk of shrinking.
- Add a small amount of mild liquid soap to the water. Any mild soap will do–even a mild shampoo works well. Use your hand to mix the soap and water.
- Add the gloves to the soapy water. Squeeze the gloves in the water several times to allow the soapy water to wash the fibers. Be careful not to wring or twist the material as this could cause damage to the seams or the shape of the gloves.
- Allow gloves to soak for no more than 30 minutes. Gloves that are heavily soiled may need to soak in order to loosen grime. Be sure to occasionally squeeze the gloves while soaking to help remove loosened soil.
- Drain soapy water. Squeeze excess water from gloves, then rinse gloves under running lukewarm water.
- Condition gloves before drying. Fill a sink or container with lukewarm water and add a small amount of hair conditioner to the water, mixing the conditioner and water with your hand. Add the gloves to the water and gently squeeze the conditioned water through the gloves. Remove the gloves from the water and rinse under running lukewarm water.
- Lay gloves flat to dry. Gently squeeze excess water from gloves and lay gloves flat on a towel to dry. Reposition occasionally to a dry area of the towel. Avoid placing gloves in direct heat or sunlight to facilitate drying.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.