Knowing how to wash a golf glove properly can extend the life of the glove and help you grip the golf club more securely. In hot or humid weather, your hands sweat as you play golf, leaving salt and oil deposited inside the glove. Golfers often make the mistake of leaving their leather gloves in the golf bag after the round. Golf clubs are often kept in warm places such as the garage, car trunk, or storage area at a golf course. This causes the glove to dry out much faster than if it were kept in a room temperature environment. Even gloves that look in poor condition can be made usable again providing they are carefully washed and dried.
- Rinse the glove in cold water. Remove any surface deposits of dirt and thoroughly soak the glove.
- Fill a basin or bucket with cold water and add a mild detergent. Golfers that have tested the best ways to wash a golf glove find that mild dishwashing liquid works well. Churn the water and build up soap suds.
- Immerse the glove in the sudsy water. Swirl it around, like a washing machine agitates clothes to remove stains and dirt. Some golfers experimenting with how to wash a golf glove do put their gloves in the washing machine, in a cold, gentle cycle. But hand washing works just as well.
- Put the glove on your hand. Soak a clean cloth in the soap solution and rub it over the surface of the glove in a light scrubbing action to remove stubborn deposits of salt and oil. A sponge can be used as well. just don’t scrub the glove with a bristly brush. Being careful not to damage the leather is part of the process of how to wash a golf club.
- Rinse the glove. Take the glove off and thoroughly rinse it with clean water. Place the glove on an absorbent towel and let it air dry. Don’t put it in the clothes dryer or attempt to dry it with a hair dryer. Application of heat will make the leather shrink.
- Stretch the glove. As it begins to dry, put it on your hand to stretch it out, preventing shrinkage as it finishes drying. Take the glove off, complete the drying process and store the clean glove on a closet shelf. You will be pleased with how new it looks, now that you know how to wash a golf glove.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!