Everyone needs to know how to wash hair properly. If we don’t wash our hair properly, we can have dry scalps caused from product build-up or even itchy scalps. We also need to wash our scalps properly to help keep our hair healthy and strong. Here are some simple steps we can take to wash our hair.
- Decide on a location. You can wash your hair in many ways. Most people will say that they prefer washing their hair in the shower. Others might say that they like washing their hair in the sink basin. While even others may say that they like washing their hair while they take baths in a bath tub.
- Before you begin washing your hair, you should always run a comb through your hair. This is a necessary step no matter the length of your hair. It allows you to work out any tangles you may have and it helps to distribute your natural oils throughout your hair. This offers your hair some protection against the water and chemicals you will be using.
- Decide on the type of shampoo that is best for your hair. f you have oily hair, you may want to use a daily clarifying shampoo. If you have dry hair, you should pick a shampoo recommended for dry hair. If you have dry scalp or dandruff, you may want to look for a shampoo recommended for dandruff control. Of course, you could take this a step further and decide if you want a shampoo that will make your hair more shiny, more full of volume, etc. However, these types of shampoos are only necessary according to your individual taste.
- Wet hair using warm to cool water, pour a quarter size amount of shampoo into your palm and begin applying to your head. You should start by applying the shampoo directly onto your scalp. Using the pads of your fingers, never your fingernails, begin massaging the shampoo over your entire scalp. Do not worry about your ends. They will get washed as you begin the rinsing process.
- After your scalp is completely covered, begin the rinsing process. You should use warm to cool water for this. Never use hot water on your scalp. As you are running water over your head, run your fingers over your scalp and through your hair to make sure no residue remains. Once you feel that there is no shampoo left in your hair, you are done with this round of rinsing.
- Now get the conditioner bottle and squeeze out another nickel to quarter size amount of this into your palm. Where you place this conditioner in your hair will depend on your hair type. If your hair is dry all over, begin by applying the conditioner to your scalp working it through the entire length of your hair. If your hair is dry only on the ends and oily on the scalp area, just apply the conditioner to the ends of your hair. If all of your hair feels oily, use a smaller amount of the conditioner and quickly begin rinsing.
- You will begin rinsing the conditioner off of your head in about three minutes, unless you have oily hair. Remember if your hair is oily you should immediately rinse it off and you should also be using a light clarifying type of conditioner.
- Make sure you completely rinse all the residue of the conditioner out of your hair. If you don’t, flakiness and itchiness can occur.
- Run a comb through your hair. This will remove any tangles that may have occurred while washing.
- Towel dry or use a hair dryer to dry your hair. Style as usual.
- Repeat procedure as needed. Those with dry hair should only wash hair once or twice a week. However, if you have oily hair you might need to wash it more frequently.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.