If you have dark denim jeans, and you want them to stay that way, you need to know how to wash jeans so they don’t fade. Dark denim is popular because it can be dressed up or down, and it camouflages any flaws on the body’s lower half. Here are some simple steps to wash jeans so they don’t fade.
To wash jeans so they don’t fade, you will need:
- Laundry detergent
- Drying rack
- Soak new jeans. The first time you wash your dark jeans use cold water and add one cup vinegar to the water. Turn off the machine and let it sit for a few hours and then add a small amount of mild detergent and wash.
- Wash jeans inside out. Turn the jeans inside out so the dark side is protected from rubbing against any other material in the wash. This also reduces the friction within the sides of the washing machine.
- Wash jeans with dark colors. If there is some color transference from other dark clothes, it might actually keep your jeans dark. Also, you don’t want any color to transfer to lighter colored clothing if you mixed them together when you wash jeans.
- Use less detergent. Use a mild detergent and as little detergent as possible when you wash jeans as it can strip the color from clothes over time. Even better is to use a detergent made for dark clothes to wash jeans.
- Add salt to set the color. Adding salt is a technique used when dying fabric to set the dye. Adding up to a cup in a full load will wash jeans so they don’t fade.
- Skip the dryer. When you wash jeans, take them out of the washer and hang them on a drying rack to dry. The friction and heat of the dryer can not only cause your jeans to fade, but it can shrink them, too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…