How To Wash Kayak Vest
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to wash a kayak vest. Keeping your kayak vest clean will not only prologue the life of the vest, but will also ensure that it is in proper working condition. You will be back on the water in no time at all.
- Remove any loose string, tape, or stuffing from the kayak vest and discard. Use a clean brush with stiff bristles to brush off any loose dirt, sand, or clay from the vest.
- Purchase a large tub that can fit at least five gallons of water. These tubs can typically be found at home improvement or sporting goods stores. Put a small amount of liquid laundry detergent or dish soap into the bottom of the tub.
- Fill the tub three quarters of the way full with clean, warm water. Stir the water with a long stick or spoon, combining the soap and water. Carefully drop the kayak vest into the tub, and let soak for approximately ten minutes.
- Slowly remove the kayak vest from the tub. Use both hands to wring as much water as possible from the vest. Use a brush with stiff bristles to remove any stubborn dirt spots.
- Set the kayak vest on a hard surface with direct exposure to sunlight. Let the vest dry for at least 24 hours. Examine the vest to make sure that it has thoroughly dried. If it still exhibits wet spots, place back into the sun until completely dry.