To ensure the quality of leather gloves, you will need to know how to properly care for them and how to wash leather gloves. Cleaning the gloves will keep them in excellent condition. By washing leather, you are preventing dirt and oil from becoming embedded in the leather. Be sure to only wash gloves that are labeled "washable".
In order to wash leather gloves, you will need:
- Lukewarm water
- cotton cloth or towel
- Moisturizing soap if leather is finished
- Saddlesoap if leather is unfinished
- Leather conditioner or Mink oil
- Place gloves on your hands. It is easiest to wash gloves when they are on. This will fill the gloves and allow you to get into the crevices.
- To begin cleaning your leather gloves, use the cloth or towel to dust off the leather.
- If the leather is finished, you can lightly dampen part of the cloth. Apply a small amount of the moisturizing soap. Rub cloth to form a lather. When selecting a moisturizing soap, try a natural brand for best results. If the leather is unfinished, apply saddlesoap to the cloth, instead.
- Gently blot the soap into the leather. Avoid rubbing. You can use a soft brush to buff away stubborn spots.
- Once gloves appear clean, you can remove them.
- Next, wet the remaining part of the towel. Wipe off all soaps suds.
- Allow gloves to air dry.
- Once gloves have thoroughly dried, you can apply a leather conditioner to the finished leather, or mink oil to the unfinished leather. Avoid a thick, greasy leather conditioner. A top-rated brand is Leather Honey.
After you have cleaned your leather gloves, you are going to want to keep them looking great. Remember to store them in a cool, dry place. Avoid any exposure to moisture. When storing gloves, lay them flat with tissue paper or leather between them. Avoid placing anything on top of the leather gloves, in order to prevent creasing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …