If you want to know how to wash a leather jacket, try these tips. It's easy and quick, and will really keep your leather healthy and conditioned. Just make sure you never attempt to wash your leather jacket in the washing machine, as the water and agitation will ruin it. You only need a few materials, so gather them and get started.
- mild soap, such as baby shampoo or dish soap
- olive oil or leather conditioner
- 4 soft clean cloths
- large bowl
- Fill the bowl with warm water and add a few drops of soap. Mix it up but don't make too much lather.
- Take your cloth and dip it in the water. Wring it out so that it's not soaking, and wash your jacket. Wipe gently and make sure you don't use too much water, as this can damage the leather.
- When the leather is sufficiently cleaned, take a new cloth and run it under water. Wring it out and wipe over the leather jacket to rinse.
- Use another cloth to dry the leather. Wipe over the jacket to absorb and remaining water, then let it air dry.
- To condition the leather, take a small amount of leather conditioner or olive oil and apply it to a dry cloth. Apply it and evenly massage it in. The leather should look bright and conditioned, not greasy or wet. If you apply too much, you may have to repeat the whole process over again.
To keep your leather jacket in top shape, keep it away from dry heat and excess moisture. To store, keep it in a well-ventilated and cool area. This prevents mildew or mold. If your jacket is very dirty or you have stains that won't come off with the above method, you can have your leather jacket cleaned professionally.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.