If you have stains on your new couch, you are going to want to learn how to wash microsuede. Microsuede is made of microfiber which is a blend of polyester and nylon fibers. This revolutionary fabric makes easy to clean and durable cover for a sofa, chair, and clothing. To wash microsuede you need water, basic household or laundry detergent, and a sponge. Sofa cushions made of microsuede are machine washable and machine dry on low heat.
To wash microsuede, you will need:
- Spray bottle
- Cleaning solution
- Vacuum the surface of the microsuede covering on the sofa or chair to remove dirt, dust and debris.
- Fill a bucket (for cleaning larger surfaces) or a spray bottle (for smaller cleaning jobs) with a mixture of cleaning solution and water. Follow the direction on the label when using commercial products for cleaning for the correct amount to use. Use a small squirt of liquid detergent in a spray bottle or bucket of water.
- Clean large areas by dipping a sponge in a bucket of soapy water, squeeze extra cleaning solution from the sponge. Wipe the dirty area of the microsuede. Clean smaller areas by spraying the dirty area with the soapy mixture from a spray bottle and wipe it with a sponge.
- Rinse off the detergent. Use a clean sponge and a bucket of clear water to rinse the detergent off the microsuede. Dry the area with a clean towel.
- Remove the microsuede cushion covers and machine wash with a pure laundry detergent. Dry the covers on a low heat setting.
- If you are using a commercial microfiber cleaning product, do a small test patch on a part of the microsuede that doesn’t show, to make certain it will not cause damage or discoloration.
- Do not use cleaning solutions containing bleach or ammonia, which can discolor of the microfiber fabric.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.