How to Wash New Era Hats
Did your favorite hat get dirty and now you are wondering how to wash your new era hat? Hats say a lot about a person and become part of a person's daily attire. It's like getting dressed and going out the door without a bra on if you're a woman. Well, don't stress out. It is actually really easy to get a clean hat.
To wash your new era hat you will need the following supplies:
- Basin or bucket
- Gentle and perfume/dye-free detergent
- Clean cloth or rag
- Clean toothbrush
- Clean cup
- Get the right cleaner. High perfume or concentrated detergents and soaps are difficult to use. They are hard to rinse off and can cause stains to your new era hat that you love so much. Good recommendations are perfume and dye-free gentle laundry detergent. These soaps are mild enough that they won't cause colors to bleed or stains to occur to hat fabrics.
- You need to wash your hat by hand. Using the washing machine or the dishwasher will ruin your hat. The water temperature will break down and discolor the fabrics. It can be washed either in the kitchen sink, the bathtub or a large bucket. If you are just spot cleaning, a cup to mix the detergent is all you need.
- Get a clean cloth to scrub with and soak your hat in the sink. You should use cold water to avoid and color fading or shrinkage to your hat. Let the new era hat soak for about an hour, then scrub with your cloth. Rinse completely in cold water and set it out to air dry.
- For spot cleaning, dip a clean cloth or toothbrush into your soapy solution and gently rub the dirty spot away. Spot rinse the detergent out of the fabric of your hat with cold water and set it out to air dry. Now that your new era hat is clean and dry, go sport your style!