If you want to find out how to wash new jeans so they won’t fade, continue reading to find the best way to achieve this. Accidentally fading your new jeans is a big mistake that can be avoided. Pricey and cheap jeans alike both look horrible when their color has faded. A few simple instructions can help you keep your new jeans the perfect color. You can learn how to wash new jeans so they won’t fade in a few, simple steps.
To wash new jeans, you will need:
- White vinegar
- Hanger or clothes line
- Pre-wash clothing step. Turn denim inside out before washing new jeans so they won’t fade. Soak pants in a mixture of white vinegar and water to help them resist color removal.
- Saturate denim. Add detergent and vinegar to a washing machine and activate the cold cycle. Place the jeans inside and start the machine. Stop the machine to allow the jeans to soak for one to three hours. Having the denim saturated in vinegar will help preserve the shade of your jeans.
- Continuance step. After soaking the jeans, allow them to continue the washing cycle. Maintain your jeans' color by using a cold rinse cycle.
- Semi-dry process. Place your jeans in the dryer on a low heat setting for ten minutes as you proceed. The dryer helps remove some of the moisture, then let your jeans air dry outside.
Hopefully the previous steps have helped you wash your new jeans without them fading. If you are short on time, completing any one of the above directions will help you denim keep the right color.
- Air drying is the best option for your jeans.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …