Non-iron garments, or permanent press garments as they are also known, can get wrinkles if improperly laundered, so it is helpful to know how to wash a non iron dress shirt if you have one. Avoid stuffing a non-iron shirt in an overloaded washing machine, because the shirt will not get as clean as it should and crushing the wet fibers can cause wrinkles. Use warm or cool water to wash your non-iron shirt, but not hot water, and also avoid drying the shirt on the dryer's hot setting. Excess heat will cause wrinkles that will not go away in permanent press fabric.
To wash a non iron dress shirt the things you need are:
- Stain remover stick or spray
- 1 scoop or capful of gentle laundry detergent
- Washing machine
- Inspect the shirt for stains. If you find any stains, either rub the stain stick on the spot or squirt spray stain remover over the stained area.
- Pour the detergent into the washing machine, directly under the spot where the water fills. This will let the detergent mix with the water and dissolve quickly.
- Set the washing machine to fill with warm water and turn it on. Wait to put the dress shirt in the soapy water until the washing machine is at least half way full.
- Allow the washing machine to complete both the wash and rinse cycles.
- Put the shirt in the dryer, and set it on the permanent press or low heat setting. Allow the dryer to run and remove the shirt as soon as the dryer stops.
- Drape the shirt over the hanger, making sure it hangs straight. Let the shirt hang to keep it from wrinkling until you are ready to wear it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.