Non-iron garments, or permanent press garments as they are also known, can get wrinkles if improperly laundered, so it is helpful to know how to wash a non iron dress shirt if you have one. Avoid stuffing a non-iron shirt in an overloaded washing machine, because the shirt will not get as clean as it should and crushing the wet fibers can cause wrinkles. Use warm or cool water to wash your non-iron shirt, but not hot water, and also avoid drying the shirt on the dryer's hot setting. Excess heat will cause wrinkles that will not go away in permanent press fabric.
To wash a non iron dress shirt the things you need are:
- Stain remover stick or spray
- 1 scoop or capful of gentle laundry detergent
- Washing machine
- Inspect the shirt for stains. If you find any stains, either rub the stain stick on the spot or squirt spray stain remover over the stained area.
- Pour the detergent into the washing machine, directly under the spot where the water fills. This will let the detergent mix with the water and dissolve quickly.
- Set the washing machine to fill with warm water and turn it on. Wait to put the dress shirt in the soapy water until the washing machine is at least half way full.
- Allow the washing machine to complete both the wash and rinse cycles.
- Put the shirt in the dryer, and set it on the permanent press or low heat setting. Allow the dryer to run and remove the shirt as soon as the dryer stops.
- Drape the shirt over the hanger, making sure it hangs straight. Let the shirt hang to keep it from wrinkling until you are ready to wear it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …