Non-iron garments, or permanent press garments as they are also known, can get wrinkles if improperly laundered, so it is helpful to know how to wash a non iron dress shirt if you have one. Avoid stuffing a non-iron shirt in an overloaded washing machine, because the shirt will not get as clean as it should and crushing the wet fibers can cause wrinkles. Use warm or cool water to wash your non-iron shirt, but not hot water, and also avoid drying the shirt on the dryer's hot setting. Excess heat will cause wrinkles that will not go away in permanent press fabric.
To wash a non iron dress shirt the things you need are:
- Stain remover stick or spray
- 1 scoop or capful of gentle laundry detergent
- Washing machine
- Inspect the shirt for stains. If you find any stains, either rub the stain stick on the spot or squirt spray stain remover over the stained area.
- Pour the detergent into the washing machine, directly under the spot where the water fills. This will let the detergent mix with the water and dissolve quickly.
- Set the washing machine to fill with warm water and turn it on. Wait to put the dress shirt in the soapy water until the washing machine is at least half way full.
- Allow the washing machine to complete both the wash and rinse cycles.
- Put the shirt in the dryer, and set it on the permanent press or low heat setting. Allow the dryer to run and remove the shirt as soon as the dryer stops.
- Drape the shirt over the hanger, making sure it hangs straight. Let the shirt hang to keep it from wrinkling until you are ready to wear it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.