How To Wash A Plastic Canoe
There is really no special science behind washing a plastic canoe, it is plastic after all; however, you landed here for a reason, and that reason is that you are looking for information on how to wash a plastic canoe.
- The first thing you have to do is to make sure the canoe is free of any belongings. You do not want to wash down towels or other gear that you may have stored inside of the canoe.
- Purchase soap; any soap will do, but the cheapest would be to buy liquid soap in bulk. The same kind of soap you would use to wash your car will work just fine.
- Get a bucket and add some soap to the bucket. Next, add water, and dip a sponge into the mixture of water and soap. Adding the soap first allows for the mixture to bubble up, so try using a hose to really bubble the mixture up.
- Now simply wash the canoe with the soap/water mixture using the sponge. Get all around the entire canoe, the inside and the outside of the plastic canoe. You can also wash the seats of the canoe.
- Once the canoe is sudsy with soap, you can now turn on your hose and rinse the canoe off. Don't forget to thoroughly hose off the inside of the canoe as well.
- Place the canoe upside down on the ground to allow any water inside of the canoe to run out of it. Let it air dry for a few hours.
- Enjoy your sparkling clean, plastic canoe!
Posted on: Jul. 11, 2010